The University of Manchester’s ResLife programme is new for 2016 and has been put in place to create an inclusive and mutually-supportive environment for students coming from all over the globe. With a ResLife team within each of our 22 Halls of Residence, help and support is on your doorstep. If you have any questions or concerns, the team will seek to solve any issues you have immediately.
You can connect with us and find out more about ResLife events and opportunities on both Instagram and Facebook.
The aim of the programme is to make students more aware of the broad spectrum of opportunities available to them at university, and to get them involved with as many as possible. The ResLife programme’s calendar of events focuses on our 6 Ways to Wellbeing:
- Connect: Make contact with the people around you; with friends, family, colleagues, neighbours and the community
- Learn and Discover: Make time to try something new. Rediscover an old interest!
- Be Active: Go for a walk or run. Cycle. Try a new sport or activity. Being active makes you feel good.
- Take Notice: Lift your eyes from the next deadline or demand. Be aware of the world around you and savour the moment, whether you are on the way to university, eating lunch or talking to friends.
- Give: Do something for a colleague, friend or stranger. Smile. Volunteer your time to help a neighbour or community group - seeing your happiness linked with the wider community can be very rewarding!
- Be Healthy: Look after yourself - stay safe, respect your body, make healthy choices. Make real food and share a meal. Sleep stress away and spend a while enjoying silence. Being healthy will help you feel confident, alert and get the most out of your experience.
By having such a holistic programme of activities and events on offer, we hope that students will really make the most of their time in halls, and leave with key skills that will help them in the rest of their university career and beyond.